us

Esther Lee's Love Chronicles

These are my personal tales of love, life and sex. Love Chronicles is now an award winning column. It captured the Gold (1st) prize for Creative Journalism in the National Arts Awards 2006 in St. Lucia!

January 30, 2006

He's Just Not That Into Me

One night, at my favourite spot in Rodney Bay, I was hanging out with my girlfriends, when we met up with a group of guys. Some of them I knew and one in particular I really wanted to know. We had met before at various functions, and he is just good-looking, intelligent and sweet. So anyway back to the night in question. He and I ended up dancing the night away and he asked me for my number at the end. Now, I hardly ever give out my number, but this guy was cute and a great dancer. (If you are reading this, please do not get a swell head cause I’m not finished yet!)

So a week passed and no call from this guy. My friends and I had a ‘round table’ discussion about the situation and concluded that he was just very busy or very shy. Two weeks later and still no call, my friends and I are at our favourite nighttime spot again, when who walks in but Mr. No phone-call, with a date!! Dear readers, I know that this guys’ dating life is absolutely none of my business, and I wasn’t even sure I was interested in him, but it still hurts the ego.

When we finally get a chance to chat, he makes up some sorry excuse about being very busy. Hey wait a minute, is this guy taking a cue from my book, because that’s the excuse I use. During our second ‘round table’ discussion about Mr. No phone-call, one of my friends recalled an episode of ‘Sex and the City’ when Miranda keeps waiting for a guy to call and he never does. One of her guy friends lets her in on a little secret. He’s just not that into you. So is that my problem, this guy is just not that into me. Talk about a further blow to the ego.

In a book entitled what else but ‘He’s just not that into you: The no-excuses truth to understanding guys’ two former ‘Sex and The City’ staffers, Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo wrote about this situation. In the book, the first chapter was written just for me. The title is ‘ He’s just not that into you if he’s not asking you out. Because if he likes you, trust me, he will ask you out.’ The book also explains other excuses that guys make including the one that I got. If a guy says that he’s too busy to call then he’s just not that into you. Think about it ladies, with all the new technology around, it’s impossible for a guy not to call you if he’s interested. The thing about guys is that they try to avoid any confrontation with a woman and will avoid telling the truth about their feelings.

Like all other women, my friends and I sit around and try to analyse the behaviour of men and ask our female friends for advice. This I have learnt is the wrong thing to do. We should instead ask a man, because they know guys best. Well this guy still hasn’t called and I have had to accept the fact that he would have called, no matter how busy he was, if he really was interested in dating me. Because when a man is interested, he pursues you and comes after you. Now the funny thing about this situation is that I still not sure whether I was ever interested but it just hurts the ego when you realize that he’s just not that into you!

Let me know what you think. Email me at lovechronicles@hotmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your cronicles Esther Lee. well it sure is true that some guys don't call after a date, or taking a woman's number. well not "feeling it" for the woman is one thing, and that is ok, but what i don't understand is why these guys don't have the decency to tell the woman that it's not gonna work out or that they just don't "feel it." guys, have some balls, a woman can take it.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Expedia Coupon
Expedia Coupon