us

Esther Lee's Love Chronicles

These are my personal tales of love, life and sex. Love Chronicles is now an award winning column. It captured the Gold (1st) prize for Creative Journalism in the National Arts Awards 2006 in St. Lucia!

June 26, 2006

Leave My Man Alone!

Well, Well, Well, ladies and gents, I have been threatened by a woman for… a man! My life as I know it may come to an end because of a man. Now, dear readers, before you get ahead of yourselves, let me just explain that, NO, I did not steal another woman’s man, I did not mess around with some girl’s boyfriend or anything like that.

Ok, I’ll start from the very beginning. I have not been going out for about two or three weeks now. There is just nothing new to do and I have no desire to waste a great outfit and makeup, so I have just been hanging out at home or with my girls. So, all of the excitement when it comes to boys has died down a bit or so I thought. Well, my dear, dear readers, it was exactly 12:30 am (that’s half past midnight), I was laying in front of the television watching Lindsay Lohan on Saturday Night Live when my cell phone rang. “Who is calling?” I thought. Checked the caller ID and it was a private call. “Hello,” I answered expecting it to be one of my friends on the other end. Well it was definitely not. Get ready for this. “You better back off you f_ _ _king b@*ch and leave my man alone or I will kill you!” an icy female voice said. Then there was silence as the phone went dead.

I was so stunned by this that I had no time to react and engage the caller before she hung up. Leave her man alone? What man? As far as I and all of you reading this column know, I am very much single right now and I have no interest whatsoever in anybody! So what exactly was this woman talking about? I thought about the guys I had contact with recently or had called. Humm. Only two. One guy friend had called earlier that night and I had called an acquaintance the day before to discuss a business proposal. His voicemail on his cell phone came on so I left a message with my cell phone number asking him to give me a call. Ahah maybe that was it. Did some girlfriend of his check his messages and decide to set me straight. Well if that was the case, she just cost him some good business!

So why do women behave like that when it comes to men? Why should a woman degrade herself in that way? I am sure that we have all heard about the stories, cat fights and fists drawn all because of some man. I’m sure we have all seen it on the Maury Show and Jerry Springer. Two women hating each other just because some guy (who is usually never worth it) is two timing them. My advice ladies, confront the man!! If you think that your boyfriend, husband or partner is cheating, you need to ask him about it, not the other woman. If you find out that he is really lying to you, then quarrel with him. The other woman didn’t cheat on you, he did. And sometimes your suspicion may just be wrong and you might end up calling some woman at 12:30 in the night who doesn’t even know who your boyfriend is!!!

So I say again to all of the ladies (especially the one who called me) who think that it is right to threaten another person, have some dignity and self respect and I do believe that threatening someone’s life is against the law!!! Until next week…
Photo:Rick Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Expedia Coupon
Expedia Coupon