us

Esther Lee's Love Chronicles

These are my personal tales of love, life and sex. Love Chronicles is now an award winning column. It captured the Gold (1st) prize for Creative Journalism in the National Arts Awards 2006 in St. Lucia!

July 24, 2006

CSME Love

I have always loved to travel but after my recent trip abroad, I am now becoming an advocate of inter-Caribbean travel. Last weekend, I went to the island of St. Kitts for the 10th Annual Music Festival and I not only met some great superstar performers like Beenie Man, Shaggy and Morgan Heritage but there was also a huge spike in my life where the boys are concerned. It had me thinking of the great benefits that CSME will have for me. Not only will I be able to work in other islands, it will also be easier for me to date guys from there as well. Ding, Ding, Ding!!!

Now let me start from the beginning. My girlfriends and I stayed at the Marriott Hotel where all of the performers from the festival were staying as well. So it was only natural for us to come up close and personal with them. Chris Brown kept staring and the guys from Morgan Heritage made sweet eyes at us. But it did not stop there. I have to say again that traveling to other Caribbean islands can do wonders for a single girls dating life.

In the past I have spoken about how the size of St. Lucia negatively affects my love life. You see the same people over and over again, there is nobody new to meet and when you do date someone, he last dated a friend of a friend of a friend so it is uncomfortable for everyone. So my ladies, if you want to meet some interesting, cute, funny guys, just look up or down the Caribbean Sea and you will find oh sooo many of them. These governments in the region need to finalize this CSME thing so that we all can benefit.

So, let’s get back to St. Kitts. One night after the concert, we went out to the BET Soundstage for the after party. While there we met up with some medical students from the US who were studying in St. Kitts. One of them in particular seemed very interested in me and at the end of the night asked me out on a lunch date for the day after. Alas, he seemed interesting and did call the day after to set up the date but unfortunately my schedule did not permit. Oh well.

Then there was guy number two. He was the sound engineer for one of the big acts at the festival and I meet him back stage at the media tent while I was waiting to interview Shaggy for my TV show Access Caribbean. I had seen him earlier with some of the other members of the band. I was walking by and one of his friends called me Tyra Banks. I smiled and laughed as I walked away. Anyway, he finally got the courage and came over to me. This guy was truly very interesting and I really wanted to find out more about him. Alas, he was leaving the next day and wanted to maybe meet after the concert or for breakfast. I was so tired that I crashed and woke up after he checked out of the hotel to fly to Miami for another show. When I woke up, I realized that he had left a very sweet note under my hotel room door saying what a pleasure it was to meet me. AAAWWWW. How sweet!

Guy number three. This guy I had met before through a friend of a friend who visited St. Lucia on business. I had met him during the Jazz festival and he suggested that we come to St. Kitts to film the festival. He also had business interests there and would be on the island at that time. There were a few sparks when we meet in St. Lucia, so of course we had to meet up again in St. Kitts. I must say that this guy is truly intriguing and I hope that we spend more time together in the very near future.

Now the last incident happened on my last day in St. Kitts when I was getting ready to check out of the hotel. The Caricom Heads of Government meeting was taking place on the island and all of the Prime Ministers of the region were checking into the Marriott. So as I was sitting, waiting in the lobby, a Prime Minister of a neighboring island (who shall remain nameless) came up to me and said, “Woman, you are beautiful. Why are you so beautiful? What’s your name, your full name?” The PM kept staring and then said that he hoped that I preferred his country to St. Lucia because it was better by far and wide. As he said the far and wide he kept on motioning around his stomach area. I am still trying to guess what he was talking about.

Well, well, well, time for CSME to be in full effect. Who knows, I might be dating a Caribbean national from another island soon or maybe even a PM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Expedia Coupon
Expedia Coupon