us

Esther Lee's Love Chronicles

These are my personal tales of love, life and sex. Love Chronicles is now an award winning column. It captured the Gold (1st) prize for Creative Journalism in the National Arts Awards 2006 in St. Lucia!

August 07, 2006

Outside The Box

Well, well, well folks, something very strange is happening to me. I just can’t explain it, I can’t control it but it is happening. Just when I thought I knew exactly what I wanted, I realize that I do not at all. Just when I thought that I had a certain type of guy I was attracted to, things change dramatically. Does the type of guy we like change constantly and can we find love if we go outside of our well sealed boxes?

A couple of months ago, I met this guy who was here visiting and on business. He was a friend of a friend and we seem to hit it off. He was a great guy, very smart, cute, funny and we just seemed to click. But and this is a huge but, he was just not my type at all. There was nothing wrong with this guy, he was quite close to perfect but he was just not the type of guy that I would usually go for. One of my girlfriends, realizing what was going on, began to tease me constantly. I of course denied that I was even interested. I mean, how could I be? He did not fit my bill at all.

A few months ago, I wrote about my type of guy and questioned whether I was too picky. Many readers responded, some telling me to stick to what I wanted and not settle for less, others said that I was going to miss out because I was not thinking outside of the box. One woman even confessed that she had met her husband after she opened up her eyes and realized that he was standing right there in front of her.

Now let me just explain that I would not be settling if I dated this guy. He is a gentleman, has an MBA, makes me laugh, is sooo good looking BUT he is just not the type that I usually go for. I must admit thought that I am very interested in him. My girlfriend will have a field day after this but I have to be honest and admit the truth to myself.

I went to St. Kitts recently and this same guy was there as well. We spent some time together and this just cemented the fact that the kind of guy I like is changing. Some ‘love experts’ believe that the type of guy a woman like changes as she get older. As her focus in life changes, so does the guy that she goes for. Oh my! Am I getting old? I will be celebrating my 26 birthday in November this year, so maybe that explains it.

These ‘experts’ also say that the basic characteristics and personality traits that a woman is attracted to however does not change. So according to them, the candy that I want will remain the same, but the wrapper will change constantly. But maybe this was just a one- time thing. Maybe, this guy had something special that made me step outside of my box just this time. Well this is what I believe until I stumbled upon another similar guy and found him quite interesting as well!!

Ok now I’m really getting worried. Do I no longer have a type? Has the kind of guy that I am attracted to changed? Or do I now have a welcome sign on my back saying door open to all? Oye!!! Until next week…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Expedia Coupon
Expedia Coupon