us

Esther Lee's Love Chronicles

These are my personal tales of love, life and sex. Love Chronicles is now an award winning column. It captured the Gold (1st) prize for Creative Journalism in the National Arts Awards 2006 in St. Lucia!

August 07, 2006

Too Boring To Mention

Well, well, well, it has come to this. I cannot believe that I am now at this point. My dear readers, after months of writing about my love life in this column, this week I have absolutely nothing to say. After dishing out everything about everything, I have no soaps to tell, no stories to relate. Has my love life come to this? My dating life is now too boring to even mention? How long will it be like this? Will I remain single forever?

The men just seem no where to be found. It’s like they have all scattered. Yes, I must admit that in the past few weeks, I have had some excitement, even a prime minister told me that I was beautiful and I meet some really great men when I left the island. But that’s just it; I met them, then nothing else. I guess it really does not help that they are not living here. Oh well. Woe is me.

Now let me investigate why this could be happening, why the men that I like now seem non-existent. The first thing I could think of is a little frightening. My mother warned me about this. Every week, after reading my column, she always says that I will never go on a date again because everything a guy tells me, I put in the paper. No guy will want to take you out or even speak to you after this, she says time and time again. Is mi Madre correcto? Have the boys all run off because a girl likes to write about them? I guess I could understand why a guy would resist asking me out. Who would want their most embarrassing moments published for all of the world or at least St. Lucia to see? Not many, if any!! But come on guys, I don’t mention any names, do I?

The second reason could be that I am just really not actively looking for them. Many dating experts say that you have to go out there and look for guys if you want to find them. I hardly go out now because it is just boring. Same places, same people, nothing new at all. So may be that’s it. If I stay at home, I won’t meet any cute, interesting men. But then, I really don’t want to be that desperate and go hunting for guys. Maybe I’ll work on that and see what happens.

Oh my, what if I grow old and become an ole maid. Oye! I will be 26 this year. Four more years until I am thirty, 20 until I am fifty, Oye, Oye Oye! Ok I must stop this. I am still young and there will be many other opportunities to meet guys. Whew.

My friends get so excited now when they see guy just wink at me. They too, I think, are starting to get a little worried about the state of my love life. My sister just reminded me that many people get married when they are in their fifties, so I still have many years to go. Hey, I'm not looking for a husband, just a date! Well she shouldn’t even talk; she is not going through this dilemma because she has a great boyfriend.

My dear, dear readers, do come back next week. I promise to go out this weekend, so that hopefully I can bring you some type of soaps. Maybe a guy will wink at me! Until next week…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Expedia Coupon
Expedia Coupon