us

Esther Lee's Love Chronicles

These are my personal tales of love, life and sex. Love Chronicles is now an award winning column. It captured the Gold (1st) prize for Creative Journalism in the National Arts Awards 2006 in St. Lucia!

March 29, 2006

W.W.I.T

I was walking with a friend of mine around the J Q’s mall at Rodney Bay when she heard someone calling out her name. Let’s call this friend Diane. ‘Diane, Diane, gimme a dollar,’ the voice said again. She spun around to see a homeless looking young man with his arm stretched towards her. ‘Do I know you?’ She asked curiously. ‘Yes, it’s me Trevor. I went to school with you. You doh remember me,’ he answered. Diane looked extremely shocked and reached quickly into her wallet to give Trevor five dollars. ‘Who was that?’ I asked. ‘That was a major W. W. I. T. moment’. Huh? Ladies and gents, let me introduce you to this very important term which we have all used or will use in the very near future when it comes to our dating or love life. W.W.I.T. or ‘What Was I Thinking’.

Diane later explained to me that Trevor had been one of the cutest and most popular boys at her school who she had a huge crush on for years. He would never give her the time of day because all the girls just threw themselves at him. I am sure that we have all had these moments. We have been soooo in love with someone and a few years later you bump into them and can’t remember what you ever saw in them. A W.W.I.T moment at its best. I always wonder what the reasoning is behind this when it happens to me. Have I changed the type of guy I am attracted to, has the guy himself changed drastically over the years or have I just grown up? Research has shown that the type of guy a woman is attracted to changes as they get older until they finally settle on a particular type when they are in their late 20s to early 30s. (Not all women!) So I have been through my bad boy stage, the older man, the artist stage, the player type, the pretty boy….. Okay, I better stop talking.

Sometimes the W.W.I.T moments do not take years to happen. It can occur over night or within one hour. I remember a couple of years ago when I had this major crush on a guy. I thought about him day and night. (Hahahaha). Then one morning I woke up thinking what the hell was I thinking. Just like that, the crush and all of the ‘lovey dovey’ feelings about this guy were gone. No explanation. Maybe I had a nightmare about him or something. I dunno.

The moment also strikes some people when they are in the middle of a date. Yes! So imagine you are there on the date, talking away, getting to know the other person when you realize that you are just not interested. I remember, and have written about a first date disaster that happened to me. I expected one thing, and then this guy turned out to be ill-mannered, rude, don’t know how to use a knife and fork, not on time, uninteresting and a bad dresser. No, No, No, No, No. I even passed on a chocolate dessert to end the dinner date early! All I could think of was W.W.I.T.

So dear readers, take note that the person you are madly in love with now may just be the same one that you are saying W.W.I.T. about a few years, days, hours or even seconds from now!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. I think everyone is guilty of this. Reminds me of myself and this girl. One moment we're talkin and laughing, and then next we were together (um...how did that happen?). Strange. *sigh* But at least i was honest by the end of the ... well. .. mnth. So i think i'll stay single till i meet the "right one" (right one..LOL....giv me a break) and enjoy life like there is no tomorrow! Yea, dont want to mislead anyone.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Expedia Coupon
Expedia Coupon