us

Esther Lee's Love Chronicles

These are my personal tales of love, life and sex. Love Chronicles is now an award winning column. It captured the Gold (1st) prize for Creative Journalism in the National Arts Awards 2006 in St. Lucia!

June 18, 2007

Are Men Becoming Women

There seems to be a strange phenomenon occurring within the male population or at least the men that I am in contact with. They suddenly seem to be evolving into women. Not, ofcourse, in the physical sense but in their manner and way of acting. This phenomenon is now affecting my love life as well. Are the men becoming more like women or are we becoming more like men?

First of all, men seem to be more emotional than ever. Maybe it’s an increase in the hormones put in the fried chicken or something. I dunno but it is just becoming way too much. I know that women always say that they want a man who is sensitive, who can talk about their feelings, blah, blah, blah but sometimes we really do not want too much of that. I love a man being sensitive and romantic and all but when it gets to the point of getting a love letter everyday, then it just needs to stop. I have had enough of the sensitive men! Please, let’s return to the rough, tough, manly man who hates chick flicks.

Second, I though only women got PMS. Nope, I was very wrong. Some of my male friends seem to be displaying symptoms of PMS every month around a certain time. They are very on edge, get irritated by anything and will bite your head off if you crack a joke. What is going on? Women having PMS is more than enough, we really do not need men acting up like that as well. I pointed this out to a male friend of mine recently and he gave me a ‘I will strangle you’ look. I should have been more sensitive though because it just happened to be his time of the month!

This annoying phenomenon is now affecting my love life. The roles have somehow been reversed and the men are now acting like the female in the relationship. Now if you think that I am just imagining things, I need to point out that other women have reported very similar occurrences. The men are the ones being all lovey dovey and calling us ten times a day. I really should not be complaining about this because I have experienced the other end of the spectrum when the guy might call every three days and it aint pretty. There just needs to be a balance.

Even the way some men communicate have changed. A male friend of mine looked upset one day and I asked him what was wrong. He said nothing and gave me a look that said everything was wrong. Isn’t that the typical female answer?

Maybe the men seem to be becoming more like women because we women have evolved to be more like men. We are taking charge of our love lives like never before and are making decisions that are good for us. Maybe it is for the best that we are starting to behave like each other. This may just bring about better understanding between the sexes. We may even start living on the same planet! Anyhoo, until next time…

1 Comments:

Blogger duda little said...

It is true. Not all men, but I myself included. I have had women break up with me cause I was too girly. I remember growing up in the 70's and hearing all men were pigs, and some men surley are and were, but not all. And I remember thinking I am not going to be a pig. So I tried everything not to be like this guy or that. But I think there is more to it. We live in a time now when men not only have to compete with other men but also with other women, for jobs, for life and for other women. Which I am hearing more and more from my guy friends that are really hating this bisexual trend. We are tired of dating women that claim to be bisexual or curious or have experimented, it's not a turn on anymore it's a red flag. "Run!" I have read articles and been witness to women cheating more so than men, women leaving long term relationships for other men, and even other women. More so than men, and the reasons are very shallow and self centered. It seems what gender roles we knew are long gone. I grew up with a divorced mom that was married several times to not the greatest men on earth. My father being the best of the bunch. My mother has nothing good to say about any of them except my father whom she calls a dear friend. My mothers reason for divorce, he wouldn't communicate. My own wife of ten years left me for a guy with the same first name, out of the blue and after 10 years of divorce she has told me it's because she is bi-polar. I know she regrets it, and often gives hints of us reconciling, but she did so many horrible things to me, not letting me see my kids, telling everyone I abused her, but everyone has since learned the truth. I would be a fool to consider it. I've dated two women in the past ten years, and both women used me, I was a notch on their bed posts, I couldn't believe it. It was total role refersal, the 2nd one even telling me I was too girly. I haven't done the call you all the time things, or the love notes everyday, I kind of hold back and wait for my cues. I have noticed that divorce and broken hearts have made me more submissive in relationships, and my now ex girlfriend was horrified by what she called girl noises when we made love. In just being me it made me feel rather embarrassed as she seems to want the mountain man/cave man, and there seem to be a lot of those around these parts, but I am happy to be a more girly man.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Expedia Coupon
Expedia Coupon