us

Esther Lee's Love Chronicles

These are my personal tales of love, life and sex. Love Chronicles is now an award winning column. It captured the Gold (1st) prize for Creative Journalism in the National Arts Awards 2006 in St. Lucia!

August 14, 2006

Match.com

So my dear dear readers, get ready to crack open the bottle of champagne, release the fireworks and celebrate. There may be hope for this single gal after all. In last week’s column titled “The Setup”, I told you folks about my sister and her boyfriend setting me up with this guy. We had our first get together over the weekend with my sis and her boy looking on for their entertainment. I was really hoping that the date would go well and I would not have to write about ‘The Setup Disaster’. Alas my people, a disaster it was not!!!

So I’ll start from the very beginning. So I went out with my sister and boyfriend and planned on meeting this guy at one of my favorite hangouts, Castaways, in Rodney Bay Village. So I arrived before him, waited for a few minutes and then he entered the building. After taking him all in before even saying a word to each other, I knew that we would be fast friends. This may sound extremely shallow but the boy has mucho mucho style and definitely knows how to put an outfit together. He has this Euro-surfer boy thing going which I absolutely adore.

So enough about the clothes, we ate and chatted and laughed and after the first thirty minutes, I realized that this guy was the male me!!! Can you believe it? If I was born a man, I think that I would be him. We are into the same things, and have many similar interests. Ding, Ding, Ding. In other words we clicked perfectly.

So my sister may have a future in match making with her first effort being so successful. I must thank her for setting me up but now she is really taking this a bit too far. The girl has already begun calling in the favours. She has asked me to redecorate her room, do this and do that. She did do me a huge favour and this was the best date I have had in a looong time so I may have to oblige.

Anyway back to the date. It was so great that we decided to meet up again the next night. The second was even better than the first. If you were wondering why we had not met before this, it is because he is not from St. Lucia. He recently moved here from a neighboring Caribbean island. Isn’t regional unity a great thing?

So my dear readers, this single girl just may have a lot more to write about in the upcoming weeks. We have only had three dates, so I am just taking it slow and will see where it leads. So far so good but in the dating world, things may change in a nano second.

Anyway, this weekend, he is joining me for lunch at my father’s house. My dad’s cool so it should go well. I just hope that I will not be writing a third installment of ‘Meet the Parents’ movies where Ben Stiller meets his fiancé’s father, played by Robert Dinero and everything you can possibly think of goes wrong. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Until next week…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Expedia Coupon
Expedia Coupon